VCCS GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROMOTION GUIDELINES
Bible (4 units)
English (4 units)
Mathematics (4 units)
(Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Other)
Social Studies (4 units)
(U. S. Government & Economics, U. S. History,
World History, Economics)
Science (3 units)
(Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry (or higher level)
Foreign Language (2 units)
Physical Education and Health (1 unit)
Elective (4 units)
GRADES 9-12 TOTAL UNITS —> 26
Preschool (K3 & K4)
- End-of year assessment to determine individual strengths and needs.
- Information is forwarded to the teacher at next grade level.
- Child promoted unless indicated otherwise by administration.
Elementary (K5-5th Grades)
- Promotion only with successful completion of grade level requirements. Includes:
- Mastery of grade level competencies and making an acceptable score on yearly standardized test.
Middle (6th-8th Grades)
- Must pass Bible, English, math, science and history with a grade of 70 (D) or higher.
- Making an acceptable score on yearly standardized test.
High (9th-12th Grades)
9th Grade – Score of 70 (D) or higher in six classes, which must include Bible, English 9 and one math class
10th Grade – Student must have accumulated at least 12 credits (passed 12 courses with grades of 70 or higher), which must include Bible, English 9 and 10, two math courses (including Algebra I), one science course, one history course and one physical education course.
11th Grade – Student must have accumulated at least 19 credits (passed 19 courses with grades 70 or higher), which must include Bible, English 9, 10 & 11, three math courses (must include Algebra I and Geometry or Algebra II), two science courses, two history courses and one P. E. course.
12th Grade – Student must have successfully completed 26 credits (passed 26 courses with grades of 70 or higher. Please see graduation requirements for list of credits. In addition, all students (grades 9-12) must make an acceptable score on the yearly standardized test.